Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Flickr uses

So, I just finished reading ch 7 of our book (which is written by WIll Richardson, you can check out his blog here) about Flickr. As I begun the chapter, I was thinking what am I going to use a picture editor for in the classroom? Now that I have finished, wow there are a lot of uses! The idea of annotation over pictures is great. Have pictures from a place of study (or find them on the web) and highlight what it is that I am looking at. Put little known facts about the Eiffel Tower or measurements of Mount Everest. How about a map that has all the states and capitals so when you roll over the area it tells you which is which? There are quite a few Social Studies uses, which of course roll into English uses when you think about it (since after all they will be writing these annotations). Pictures of Art and discussions of what you see and how it makes you feel.
I would love to hear any other uses that people are coming up with and how they might use it in a classroom.

I can just see it now, the new Rorshack test will be looking at inkblots on-line and telling the virtual therapist what you see! :-)

No comments: